Listen to the expression of Infinite self!
“Do you know, who am I?
I am He, whom the sun cannot dry!
The fire cannot burn,
Nor a sword ever churns;
Never was I born
Never do I die.
Do you want to know more about Me?
The omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent ‘He’.
Absolute truth, perfect and pure
Infinite pleasure, whom none can injure,
The eternal, the immortal,
I am ever free.
Still unsatisfied? Do you want to know much more?
Do I live in the wicked, sordid and in the sore?
Then, let it be known to all –
I vibrate in every great and small,
The holy or sinner, the heaven and the hell,
I vibrate in all, in unparalleled spell,
From the chains and bonds, make yourself free,
Turn your face, just towards Me
Get the touch of infinite ‘I’.
Inexhaustible fountain none can dry!
Everything struggles for metamorphosis into ‘Me’.
Unified oneness, to realize and see.
I manifest as ‘Love’, the captivating peace,
Absolute Existence, Knowledge and the Bliss.
I am in all and all are in Me
I am in those, what you can’t see.
All-pervading ‘I’, never should you miss,
I manifest in ‘Love’, the captivating peace.”
(The Millennium Bridge, pp.162-63, 2000)
I want to go beyond........
Beyond what have I seen,
Beyond what have I got,
Beyond what have I done,
And beyond what have I not!
Beyond all orders and bid,
Where my true `self', indeed,
Stays above all pleasure and pain
Beyond all bonds and limits and chain!
Free from all,
Response or call
Beyond all hopes and desire,
I want to go there.
Passed years, by minutes,
To surpass all limits
Beyond the senses, the mind and the soul,
To get my lost `self' in whole
I transcend all finites I see,
In that endless infinity,
I excel the science and the Seer
To have my platform there!
(The Dynamic web of Supracortical Consciousness, 1987)
Whether he or they are better!
How all that do matter
In our rise or stand!
If all of them are proved good
As best as they ever could,
Where do we land?
Euclidean geometry is surpassed by Karl Gauss,
Or, a postulate made famous by Robert Kochs,
It affects little you or me!
Until we stand on our own foot
With lovely flowers in every shoot,
Unless we open a dead lock with our own key.
Christ, Buddha and Nanak was the Seer,
For that, they became everybody's dear.
Does it satisfy our `ego’?
Until we eclipse many polar stars
With our own vigor and rights and errs
The toppest of tops until we go.
Our own body, own mind, own pure soul,
Searching for diamond in all mines of coal
To offer it to the mass, or to a few,
Even if we can't-
After a life-long-hunt,
We must take rebirth, for the payment of our due!
(The Dynamic web of Supracortical Consciousness, 1987)
Professor of Pathology,
North DMC Medical College and Hindu Rao Hospital,
Faculty at AIIMS, New Delhi (1985-2018)
Professor & Head, Department of Laboratory Medicine (2006-2018)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
New Delhi 110 029
Tel: (R): 91-11-25078661,
(W): 91-11- 23905889
C 301, Pragjyotishpur Apartment
Plot No 7, Sector 10
Dwarka, New Delhi 110075
- Medical graduate (MBBS) from the University of Calcutta (1977)
- Postgraduate (MD) in Pathology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (1981)
Father: Late S. K. Mukhopadhyay
Mother: Late Shantisudha Mukhopadhyay
Married to Chitrali, MSc., having three children, Tapasyapreeti (MD), Anindyasundar (Master of Design) and Amritapreeti (MBBS student) (Click) (Click)
Within Paradigm Research:
In empirical neuroscience his research extends over
- Neurodegenerative disorder like
- Alzheimer’s disease and Vascular dementia; Genetic polymorphism and Epistasis, ROS and Mitochondria,
- Parkinson’s disease; Mitochondrial DNA and mitochondrial functions,
- Molecular Psychiatry; Depression; genetic polymorphism and Epistasis, Neurotropin and Depression, Psycho-neuro-immunology; Depression and Immune function, Cytokines in Depression, and Apoptosis;
- Coagulation abnormalities in Traumatic Brain Injury.
Professor Mukhopadhyay’s scientific curiosity extends on developing a science for consciousness within the ambits of Systems Psychology, Systems Physics, System Informatics, and Systems Biology through formulation of research questions, concept building and generation of research hypothesis, which has been brnging a radical change of the Worldview and the Paradigm shift in many disciplines of Science. He coined the term and concept of Supracortical Consciousness in 1985 and authored books like The Dynamic web of Supracortical Consciousness (1987), Conquering the Brain (1995) and The Millennium Bridge (2000). He wrote extensively in Philosophical Volumes of Indian Council of Philosophical Research on the Science of Consciousness, on possible Relationship between Genes, Memes, Self, Consciousness and Information. His lead Papers are on Systems Psyche, The Ladder of Cognition, The Canvas of Cognition, The Layers between Neuroscience and Consciousness, Information Geometry, Relationship between Artificial Intelligence, Human Intelligence and Intelligence in Nature.
Editorial Board Member:
Fellowship/Membership of National and International Professional Bodies
- International Archives of Medicine
- Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience
- Neurodegenerative Diseases: Current Research Journal
- Journal of Psychiatry and Psychology Research
- Journal of Applied Clinical Pathology
- International Journal of BioSciences and Technology
On the Advisory Board of:
- Life Member, Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists
- Life Member, Indian Science Congress Association
- Life Member, Indian Association of Clinical Biochemists
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association
- Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences, India
- Member, New York Academy of Science, USA.
- Fellow, International Society for Philosophical Enquiry, USA.
- Honorary Affiliate, The Center for Frontier Sciences, Temple University, USA.
- Member, Society for Scientific Exploration, USA.
- Member, Scientific and Medical Network, U.K.
- Member, Unarius Academy of Sciences, USA.
- Member, Upanishad Society, India
- Member, Indian Academy of Yoga
- Invited by Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Science as an observer from India in their Meeting on Science for Man and Man for Science in 1999 (Click).
- Awarded Doctor in Science (Honoris Causa) by The Open International University for
Complementary Medicine, Colombo, Sri Lanka in 1995, convocated in Jan. 1996.
- Awarded a Plaque of International Academy of Pathology following Presentation of a paper on Holistic Theory on Psychosomatic Disease in a Special Complementary Scientific session during closing ceremony of XIXth International Congress of International Academy of Pathology, at Madrid, Spain in 1992.
- Honour from American Biographical Institute:
- Distinguished leadership award Certificate. The name is included in The International Directory of Distinguished Leadership, Ninth Edition, American Biographical Institute (ABI).
- Membership of the Research Board of Advisor of American Biographical Institute, Inc.
- The 2000 Millennium medal’ of ABI.
- Honour of ‘Man of the year’ 1999 from ABI.
- Outstanding Man of the 20th Century by ABI.
- Awarded Lifetime Achievement Award in Systems Science by Systems Society of India (SSI) in 2018.
- Sri K. R. Narayanan, Hon'ble President of India, called on Dr. A.K. Mukhopadhyay at Rastrapati Bhavan New Delhi and received the book Conquering the Brain and the original manuscript of The Millennium Bridge from the author in July, 2000.